Hi, I'm Devon.
I'm a software developer and aspiring data scientist. I work for Sprint as an EAI development team lead. I'm currently working on my Bachelor of Science in Data Management/Data Analytics at WGU.
I grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio where I had the incredible good luck to attend the School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA). I studied Music Education at Ohio State and still love to write and arrange music when I get time, although my few pro credits are long behind me.
I live in Lorain, Ohio with my wife, Chrissie. Our son, Nick, is a senior at Bowling Green State University and our daughter, Lani, is a freshman at the University of Cincinnati.
- I love to learn. I always have a book in my hands or a podcast in my earbuds.
- When I was a kid, my dream jobs were typist, animator, astronaut, ILM special effects artist, and film music composer. If my 7-year-old self could see me now, spending 90% of my day typing, he would be ecstatic.
- My favorite movie is The Princess Bride. I saw it in the theater when it first came out. I don't think I've ever been part of a more surprised and insantaneous shout of laughter from an audience than when Peter Cook as the "Impressive Clergyman" opened his mouth and said, "Mawwiage". It's a perfect movie.
- My favorite non-fiction book is A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.
- My name is pronounced DEH-vin bee-AIR.
Contact / Follow
|Github - dbiere|
- Working on B.S. of Data Management/Data Analytics at WGU. Goal is to finish by December 2020 (currently 63.3% complete).
- Diving back into Python and Django. The source code for this site is shared on Github.
- Working on getting my piano chops back, practicing at least 15 minutes a day.
- Recently read...
- The Body: A Guide for Occupants
- The Water Dancer
- Leadership: In Turbulent Times
- A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man
- My Own Words
- Doing Justice: A Prosecutor's Thoughts on Crime, Punishment, and the Rule of Law
- Recently watched...
- Downton Abbey
- Sorry to Bother You
- Good Night, and Good Luck.
- Swiss Army Man
- Mean Streets
- When They See Us